PitStopUSA.com - Helmets and Accessories
Select a Sub-Category
- Allstar Performance
- Arai Helmets
- B2 Helmets
- Bell Helmets
- Cool Shirt
- Crow Enterprizes
- Design Engineering
- FAST Cooling
- G-Force Racing Gear
- HJC Motorsports
- K1 RaceGear
- Molecule Labs
- OMP Racing
- Parker Pumper
- PJ1 Products
- Pulse Racing Innovations
- PXP RaceWear
- QuickCar Racing Products
- Racing Optics
- RJS Racing Equipment
- Rugged Radios
- Ti22 Performance
- Ultra Shield Race Products
- Velocity Race Gear
More About Helmets and Accessories
Currently we offer a Snell SA2020 helmets. This mean it can be a great time to purchase a SA2020 helmet at a great discount during our helmet blowout sale. A correctly fitted helmet should feel as if an evenly distributed pressure is continuously being exerted around the head and cheeks. Helmets, like shoes, will break in. For this reason, the helmet should fit as tight as you can stand to wear it. Once fastened, make sure the helmet cannot be pulled off of the head in any direction. If the helmet moves significantly, the helmet is too big. First time helmet buyers tend to choose helmets that are too loose or too big. If the helmet does not fit well, it cannot deliver the level of protection you need. Bell Full Face Helmets
Bell Helmets is the world's leading auto racing and karting helmet company. More Champions in all forms of racing have worn Bell Helmets than any other brand. The Bell name is synonymous with innovation, technology, engineering excellence and superior helmet performance. G-Force Helmets
G-Force Racing Gear is a racing product manufacturer specializing in auto racing suits, helmets, gloves, shoes, camlock harnesses, latch and link harnesses, nets and restraints, towing gear, crew gear, junior racing gear, flame retardant underwear and various accessories. G-Force stays up to date with the latest SFI and TPP ratings. HJC Helmets
HJC maintains more than 40 years of experience in helmet manufacturing and providing products devoted to quality and innovation. Leading the industry in engineering evolution and the embodiment of advanced technology auto racing helmets is the HJC Motorsports line. Impact Helmets
Impact is the last American Motorsports manufacturer that continues to produce our entire helmet line in the USA. They handcraft every helmet in their Indianapolis facory, using cutting edge materials and over 50 years of experience. OMP Helmets
OMP Racing is one of the world's leading manufacturers of racing safety equipment. OMP products are renowned for its quality, the meticulous attention to details that is constantly challenged by setting higher standards. Pyrotect Helmets
Safety, Quality, Comfort and Style, Pyrotect Racing Safety Equipment has it all. Pyrotect offers a complete line of quality safety equipment for Racers, Race Crews and Track Safety Personnel. Pyrotect is proud to continue to uphold their pioneering tradition of providing the finest quality safety equipment available. RaceQuip Helmets
The RaceQuip Snell SA-2020 Rated Full Face helmet is an all new design that incorporates prepreg construction based on steel tooling. In this process, the optimum ratio of resin is impregnated into the composite fabric (a combination of carbon fiber, kevlar, and FRP) prior to moulding. Next, the prepreg is forced into the steel mould using a pressurized head form, then heat cured to precise thermal specifications. This manufacturing technique eliminates excess resin weight and ensures uniform shell thickness while leaving the outer surface smooth and blemish free. The shell is then mated to an expanded polystyrene (EPS) liner to create a modern lightweight helmet design. Simpson Helmets
Snell SA certified Simpson Auto Racing Helmets have been protecting drivers from head injuries for over fifty years. Throughout these years, Simpson has earned the racing industry’s trust, and Simpson has become synonymous with safety. Simpson takes great pride in their Simpson helmets and what they go through to be the best. Continuous testing, rigorous standards and innovative designs give Simpson drivers a true advantage on the track. Regardless of what type of racing your doing, Simpson has a helmet to meet your needs. Race with a Simpson drivers helmet for trusted protection. Zamp Helmets
Zamp Helmets is dedicated to the development of superior helmet technology.Zamp Helmets are manufactured using rigid specifications to ensure quality and performance. The three key components to ensure the quality and performance are: Safety, Comfort, and Cosmetic Appeal.Safety: As you evaluate the product line, you will see the safety standards which are met by each product. The key to our product is that we develop it to meet the safety standards, but then go beyond them to evaluate items which may help prevent incidents from happening. Standards give an effective method to check overall performance, but sometimes the "little things" can also make a difference.High quality materials and workmanship are used on all of our products, so while the prices of our products are often lower than that of our competitors', the safety and quality remain high. Snell SA2020 Since its founding in 1957, the Snell Memorial Foundation has independently tested manufacturer's helmets. Its first safety standards for protective headgear were issued for auto racing in 1959. Subsequently, other specific helmet standards for motorcycling, equestrian sports, bicycling, rollerblading and skateboarding, snowboarding and skiing, and karting have been issued. These standards address performance, not specific materials or design. Periodically, utilizing specially designed test equipment, the Foundation upgrades its specifications on performance characteristics of helmets to keep pace with advances in materials, helmet technology and design. Understanding Snell Ratings A Snell SA rating is the most widely accepted standard for racing helmet safety in the world. The Snell standard is updated once every five years, generally improving helmet protection each time. Effective October 1, 2020, helmet manufacturers will be allowed to sell Snell 2020 rated helmets, meeting Snell’s latest and most stringent safety standards. The helmets will be clearly marked with the Snell 2020 safety label. An overview of the improvements to the Snell SA2020 standard versus the Snell SA2010 standard is explained here.
- Snell SA2020 helmets must be equipped with FIA 8858-2010 compliant M6 terminal mounts for frontal head restraints. Head and neck restraints such as the HANS® Device have been credited as being the number one lifesaving advance in personal racing safety equipment of the last 20 years.
- Snell SA2020 includes provisions for “Low Velocity” impact testing. For the racer, this test ensures performance in low velocity crashes.
- A single helmet will be tested in five separate sites on a flat anvil on or above the helmet’s test line. No impact may exceed 200G and the average of the five peaks must not exceed 180G.
- Snell SA2020 includes “Low Lateral” impacts at the intersection of the head form reference and transverse planes. This is the key area around the ear and temple.
- The peak G criteria for helmets tested on head forms of less than 60 cm circumference (ISO A-J) has been raised to 300 G and the velocity of the first impact has been increased to 8.5 m/sec. Second impact velocities have been reduced.
- The peak G criterion for the ISO M head form remains at 264 G but the first impact velocity has been increased to 8.0 m/sec. The second impact velocity has been reduced.
- Snell SA2020 certification will require two more helmet samples than Snell SA2010 demanded. One of these is for the FHR testing and the other for the additional impact tests.
- Additional helmet standards exist for karting helmets and children’s helmets. The SFI Foundation also has a helmet standard that most US sanctioning bodies accept. Generally racers wear what is required by their sanctioning bodies. Each sanctioning body establishes which standards it will accept and how old the rating can be. Be sure to keep up with your sanctioning body and local track requirements. Our advice to Safety Inspectors and Racing Authorities is that they continue to accept helmets in good condition and certified either to the current or immediately previous Snell standard. Snell urges everyone to replace their Snell certified helmets routinely no later than five years after the helmet is first worn. However, even by this conservative advice, many current Snell SA2010 certified helmets still have years of service in them. Unless a helmet has been damaged, or hasfive or more years of use, or is no longer accepted by safety inspectors or track authorities, there may be no need to replace it. Please direct any questions, comments and requests for copies of the Snell SA2020 Standard to [email protected] or call 916-331-5073. We feature Simpson Auto Racing Helmets, Bell Auto Racing Helmets, G-Force Auto Racing Helmets, Pyrotect Auto Racing Helmets, RaceQuip Auto Racing Helmets and Impact Auto Racing Helmets. If you are shopping for a new Simpson racing helmet, G-Force racing helmet, Bell racing helmet, Pyrotect racing helmet, Impact racing helmet, RaceQuip racing helmet or Arai racing helmet you have come to the right place. We stock the largest selection of discount open face racing helmets, discount full face racing helmets, forced air racing helmets, kart racing helmets, Quarter Midget racing helmets, youth racing helmets and drag racing helmets you will find anywhere. At Pit Stop USA, we are racing helmet experts. We understand your auto racing helmet needs. Whether you need any type of circle track racing helmet including stock car racing helmets, sprint car racing helmets, IMCA modified racing helmet, Street Stock racing helmets, midget racing helmets or even Quarter Midget racing helmets weve got you covered. We also have a great selection of kart racing helmets, road racing helmets and drag racing helmets. We have a huge selection of helmet parts, helmet shields, helmet accessories, helmet bags, helmet shields, helmet straps and helmet skirts. We carry helmet shields for all popular helmets including Simpson helmet shields, Bell helmet shields, Impact helmet shields, Pyrotect helmet shields, RaceQuip helmet shields and Arai helmet shields. Why shop anywhere else for your race helmet needs. We stock a huge selection of Snell SA2020 and Snell SA 2020 racing helmets. We offer Free UPS Ground Shipping on all Simpson auto racing helmets, Bell auto racing helmets, G-Force auto racing helmets, Pyrotect auto racing helmets, RaceQuip auto racing helmets, Impact auto racing helmets, RaceQuip auto racing helmets and Arai auto racing helmets priced at over $100. Pit Stop USA is the leader in discount auto racing helmet selection and you will love our low everyday prices!