SPEARS SRL Southwest Tour Series “Children’s Hunger Fund 125” at
SPEARS SRL Southwest Tour Series
“Children’s Hunger Fund 125”
Saturday, June 25th, 2011
This Saturday’s SPEARS SRL Southwest Tour Series “Children’s Hunger Fund 125” at Madera Speedway is the half-way point of the ten-race SPEARS SRL Southwest Tour Series 2011 championship season. Saturday’s race line up at Madera Speedway will also feature a Fourth of July Fireworks Spectacular, and Stunt Show, the SRL Legends Tour, Late Models, and more.
SRL NOTES OF INTEREST FOR MADERA SPEEDWAY:
- CHAMPIONSHIP BATTLE: Just 100 points separate the top five drivers in the current 2011 SPEARS SRL Southwest Tour Series championship standings; Jacob Gomes (676), M.K. Kanke (670), Jim Pettit (632), Ross Strmiska (616) and Eric Holmes (575).
- MOMENTUM: Coming off his second career win in the SPEARS Southwest Tour Series and now the series points leader, eighteen-year-old Jacob Gomes will have momentum coming into Saturday’s “Children’s Hunger Fund 125”.
- INFINEON TO MADERA: Three drivers set to compete in the “Children’s Hunger Fund 125”, will begin their day at Infineon Raceway for the NASCAR K&N Pro Series event. Both Eric Holmes and Carlos Vieira will drive in the K&N Pro Series race, and John Wood will be on hand as team owner for his driver, Travis Milburn.
- MADERA PERFORMANCE: In the last two SPEARS Southwest Tour Series races at Madera, Keith Spangler of Chatsworth, CA has the best overall average finish of 6th.
- BIG PAY DAY FOR LEGENDS DRIVERS: Saturday’s race will be the richest pay day ever for the SRL Legends Tour, with $1,200 to the winner, and over $3,500 in total prize money.
- LONG HAUL: Jared Vorse and his Knight Fire Protection team will make the long haul from Olympia, Washington and John Wood will make the drive from Eagle, Idaho to Madera Speedway for the “Children’s Hunger Fund 125”.
- WINNER’S PAY DAY: The winner’s share of the prize money will be $4,000, which includes the Superior Crankshaft Winner’s Bonus.
The Race: “Children’s Hunger Fund 125”
The Place: Madera Speedway
The Date: Saturday, June 25, 2011 (Open Practice on Friday, June 24th)
Track Layout: .333-mile paved oval
SRL Track Record: Eric Holmes at 14.440 seconds
SRL Event Sponsors: AmeriPride Uniform Services, Superior Crankshaft, Hoosier Tire, SUNOCO Race Fuels, Bay BioDiesel, and Coors Light.
Event Contact: SRL Contact:
NEXT EVENT: July 23rd at Rocky Mountain Raceway, the “Century Boatland 115”.