Global West Rear Coil Springs - 3/4" Drop - GM - 1967-72 Chevelle, El Camino, Monte Carlo
Consistency - As a linear is compressed, the resistance increases per inch equal to that of the rate. For example, if a spring is rated at 300 pounds per inch, for every inch of travel the spring compresses, the resistance increases 300 pounds. Therefore, one-inch of compression will provide 300 pounds of resistance, two-inches 600 pounds, and three-inch 900 pounds. Variable rate springs, however, do not increase in the same fashion. The are generally rated with a lower spring rate on initial, and build to the desired rate. Example: The first one-inch of travel might start out as 250 pounds per inch, the second-inch 560, and the third 900. For a driver who is looking to improve their driving skills, a vehicle must give predictable feed-back each time during cornering and trail braking. A linear spring will do that because the rate is consistent.
Less chance of bottoming-Lowered cars always have reduced suspension travel. The lower you go the less travel is available. Variable rate springs tend to allow more travel before the spring can build rate, keeping the suspension from bottoming. The question is: Is there enough suspension travel available while the spring builds enough resistance (rate) before bottoming occurs?
Variable rate springs tend to over emphasize the geometry curve giving us more tire movement than necessary.
Chassis diagnostics is difficult.
Lowered Springs Our springs generally lower the vehicle one-inch in the front and up to 1-1/4 inches in the rear depending on the option for your vehicle. Why we only lower about one-inch in the front is simple, there is not enough suspension travel beyond one-inch for street applications. We admit, vehicles lowered one-inch look great, but they generally run into suspension bottoming problems. Header to ground clearances tend to be another issue. Therefore, in our experience, we believe one-inch makes the most sense especially if the care is driven on the street.
- Global West
- Temporarily Not Available
- Same Day Shipping!
- Springs - Rear Coil Springs - Street / Strip - Global West Rear Coil Springs
- Chevrolet Chevelle - Chevrolet Chevelle Suspension and Components - Chevrolet Chevelle Coil Springs
- Street Performance USA - Chevrolet El Camino - Chevrolet El Camino Suspension and Components
- Street Performance USA - Chevrolet Monte Carlo - Chevrolet Monte Carlo Suspension and Components
- Item Requires Shipping
- 14.9 lbs.
- W16.2000” x H8.8000” x L18.1000”
- Ships from Michigan.
Total Reviews (0)
Write the First Review!
You must login to post a review.
- The Company Difference
- We're the ExpertsWe help you find a way to win!
- Huge SelectionOver 90,000 products from the top brands in motorsports!
- Free Shipping On driver safety gear over $99!
- Low Everyday PricesGet the best values in racing!